Drugs and Sorcery
"Those who worship at the throne of the 'chemical gods' of the religion of evolution science, espoused by modern medicine for decades, might do well to consider that the word 'sorceries', found in both the Old and New Testaments, was actually the Greek word,
Pharmakeia, meaning medication or pharmacy."
Most consumers think that illegal street drugs are in an entirely different class than prescription drugs and they believe that pharmaceutical companies would never manufacture or sell street drugs. But guess what? As you'll read here, drug companies actually invented many of the street drugs now considered to be the most devastating, including heroin and meth ("ice"). Here are seven facts you probably never knew about the connection between street drugs and pharmaceutical companies:
1. Heroin was launched as a medicine by Felix Hoffman, an employee of Bayer, only a few days after he invented aspirin. Bayer immediately applied for a trademark on the term "heroin" then began marketing the drug as a cure for morphine addiction, and as cough syrup for children.
2. Parke-Davis, a subsidiary of Pfizer, promoted and sold cocaine. It even produced a "cocaine injection kit" complete with a syringe for shooting up. Skeptical? You can view the picture yourself by clicking http://www.NewsTarget.com/gallery/articles/ParkeDavisInjection.jpg.
3. A subsidiary of Novartis, Sandoz Laboratories, introduced the world to LSD in 1938, marketing it as a psychiatric drug named Delysid. This same drug company also created saccharin, the artificial chemical sweetener.
4. Drug giant Merck pioneered the commercial manufacture of morphine from opium and was a heavy pusher and marketer of cocaine. Merck also patented MDMA (Ecstasy, the rave drug). After World War II, Merck also began producing pesticides and food preservatives.
5. Ritalin is "speed" for children. A chemical amphetamine, Ritalin is made of controlled substances that would land you in prison if you sold them to a kid on the street, yet the drug is currently prescribed to millions of schoolchildren in the United States to treat a "brain chemistry condition" that was invented by the drug companies.
6. In the 1930's, drug companies marketed amphetamines as over-the-counter inhaler medicines for treating nasal congestion. Tablet amphetamines were also widely available in tablet form and frequently abused by students, truck drivers and other groups.
7. Meth was first synthesized by chemists and later refined by drug companies. During WWII, meth was prescribed to soldiers by the U.S., Germany and Japan. Hitler was known as a "meth head" by his own staff. By the end of the war, millions of military personnel were addicted to the drug.
Today, meth ("crank") is made from ingredients found in over-the-counter cold medicines. While a meth epidemic sweeps America, destroying entire communities and even threatening some states (Hawaii in particular), drug companies insist their cold medicines should remain over the counter and not be classified as controlled substances. There is currently no legislative effort whatsoever to ban over-the-counter cold medicines containing the chemicals used to create meth.
Also related: Coca-Cola really did contain cocaine during its first few decades on the market (it also contained kola nut extract, hence the name). Cocaine was later removed from the formula and replaced with caffeine, a substance that is similarly addictive and serves much the same purpose.
Once you realize the connection between street drugs and prescription drugs, it's easy to figure out why Big Pharma is such a strong supporter of the Partnership For A Drug-Free America - because they don't want consumers getting their drugs from street dealers, they want people buying their drugs from drug companies, prescribed by physicians, and dispensed by pharmacists! Drug companies' attempts to outlaw street drugs are little more than a way of eliminating the competition and monopolizing the drug market.
Ultimately, Big Pharma is just another drug pushing cartel that has the same goals as any drug dealer: Convince customers they need your drug, get them hooked on it and eliminate the competition. The only difference is that Big Pharma has been so successful at dealing drugs that it has enough funds to buy off Congress, the Food and Drug Administration and practically the entire psychiatric industry (not to mention medical schools and mainstream media outlets).
Today, more than 40 percent of the U.S. population ingests FDA-approved synthetic chemicals manufactured and marketed by drug companies. Drug companies think this number is too low. Their goal is to have 100 percent of the U.S. population taking not just one drug per day, but multiple drugs every day, for life.
About the author: Mike Adams is a consumer health advocate with a mission to teach personal and planetary health to the public. He is a prolific writer and has published thousands of articles, interviews, reports and consumer guides, reaching millions of readers with information that is improving personal health around the world. He's written numerous health books published by Truth Publishing, and is the creator of several consumer-oriented grassroots campaigns, including the Spam. Don't Buy It! campaign. Adams believes in free speech, free access to nutritional supplements and the ending of corporate control over medicines, genes and seeds.
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that, based on a recent Wall Street Journal poll, a significant number of people are questioning the prescriptions that so many mainstream physicians dole out like candy. The bad news is, the number of doubting Thomases out there is shrinking. According to the poll, 27 percent of people surveyed said that they or a family member had opted not to get a prescription filled this past year. But that number is down from 32 percent just two years ago. Second opinions are dwindling slightly too, from 21 percent down to 20.
I used to believe that the majority of physicians have their patients' best interests at heart. From what I've learned over the past several years, I'm not so certain that's true. Too many mainstream health professionals are trained to believe that prescription pharmaceuticals are the answer to whatever ails you, and that the number of people following along is increasing. I believe that the vaccination of babies and children with dangerous chemicals with un-researched, long-lasting side-effects could be the genesis of this problem. We know that processed foods contain addictive components, MSG for example, so why couldn't that be planned as one of those "un-researched, long-lasting side-effects." Questioning that "chemicals have all the answers" mentality, and the puursuit to determine if there are other, safer alternatives, might not only save you money (since the costs of prescriptions continues to rise), but it could save you from one of the potentially deadly side-effects associated with the wares peddled by Big Pharma, addiction.
Regarding this question of vaccinations. Early in 2007 an extensive interview was conducted with a former vaccine researcher who worked nearly 15 years in the labs of major pharmaceutical houses, and the US government's National Institutes of Health. He retired during the 90's. He was "disgusted with what he had discovered about vaccines." He has been a little reluctant to speak out, but the current push to make vaccines mandatory -- with penalties like quarantine lurking in the wings -- has caused him to break his silence. Here are some quotes from the interview:
"As far as I'm concerned, all vaccines are dangerous, for several reasons. They involve the human immune system in a process that tends to compromise immunity. They can actually cause the disease they are supposed to prevent, and they can cause other diseases than the ones they are supposed to prevent."
"The atmosphere surrounding vaccines is full of lies, how can anyone choose what is right for their family? If the FDA were run by honorable people, these vaccines would not be granted licenses. They would be investigated to within an inch of their lives."
Asked if, looking back now, could he recall any good reason to say that vaccines are successful, the doctor's reply was, "No, I can't. If I had a child now, the last thing I would allow is vaccination. I would move out of the state if I had to. I would change the family name. I would disappear with my family. I'm not saying it would come to that. There are ways to sidestep the system with grace, if you know how to act. There are exemptions you can declare, in every state, based on religious and/or philosophic views. But if push came to shove, I would go on the move."
And speaking of the medical cartel, in general, he said, "At the highest levels of the medical cartel, vaccines are a top priority because they cause a weakening of the immune system. I know that may be hard to accept, but it's true. The medical cartel, at the highest level, is not out to help people, it is out to harm them, to weaken them. To kill them."
To hear the entire interview, go to inpursuit of wellness.info, click on the link entitled The Truth About, and then click on The Truth About Vaccines.
Water Treatment Systems,